This Top Ten Tuesday is going to be a lot of fun to read! There are a lot of authors I really, really love, and I look forward to seeing the ones my fellow bloggers love, too. Top Ten Tuesdays is a fun meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, where we share our excitement for books – either upcoming books or as this week, books we have resolved to reading soon, because we own them already or because they’re part of a series and we just can’t wait. This week we are sharing the:
Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Authors I’d Put on Auto-buy
This basically means that these are authors I love so much that I’d automatically pre-order their books, no matter what the subject of the book is. And yes, I actually have some authors on auto-buy already – I’m very loyal
1. Stacia Kane is already on my auto-buy list! I love her Downside Ghosts series, and I adore the two main characters, Chess and
Terrible. Here are some reviews of the books in the series if you’re curious about them : Chasing Magic and Finding Magic.
2. Rachel Caine! I love both her Morganville Vampires series and I recently read Red Letter Days as well. Bitter Blood is the latest Morganville book I’ve read, and it was simply awesome. I also loved Devil’s Bargain and Devil’s Due which were written a while ago,
but recently re-released.
3. Dannika Dark has also entered my auto-buy list. She’s an indie author, and I love her Mageri series I still need to review Impulse, but I have already written one for both Sterling and Twist if you’re interested.
4. The next author would have to be Sherrylin Kenyon, she totally amazes me. Even with books I’ve thought a little weaker in a series,her craft of writing is always excellent.
5. I think I have a reading-crush on Colleen Hoover. Her mix of poetic language, and even actual poetry in Slammed and Point of Retreat is simply amazing. And I thought she tackled some very difficult subjects beautifully in Hopeless.
7. Another author I really enjoy reading is Richelle Mead. I liked the Vampire Academy series, the Sucubbus Blues series was great, and I am loving Bloodlines! At first I was a little afraid to read about Sydney as a main character, but already in Bloodlines, she converted me, and in The Golden Lily, I knew I would continue the series until the very end.
8. Jeri Smith-Ready knows what she’s doing, both in YA and in her more adult series. Something in her books manages to touch my heart. In Shine, it was the beautiful way she described a budding romantinc relationship, and in WVMP, I even loved the short-story Let it Bleed. Now, I have had the last book in that series on my kindle for a while already, and I almost don’t want to read it yet – because I want the series to continue for a while longer
9. A male author I have on auto-buy is Jim Butcher, Cold Days in the Dresden Files series changed a lot of things for the main character, and I can’t wait to see what will happen next. I also read all of his Codex Alera books in a very short time.
10. Last but not least, Gayle Forman has made her way into this list as well. I loved If I Stay and Where She went. They both broke my heart, and then rebuilt it for me. I had a lot of fun reading Just One Day, too. Paris was described wonderfully, and both Willem and Allyson were very enjoyable characters.
What about you? Please share your top ten authors on auto-buy, I would love to compare notes with you.