2016 New Release Challenge
The 2016 New Release Challenge is a year-long challenge in which we aim to read books released in 2016. I am lucky enough to have an awesome co-host for the New Release Challenge, Stormi @ Books, Movies, Reviews Oh My! is here to share both the fun and the burden 😉 There will be monthly update posts, and each quarter – the end of March, end of June, end of September and in December, there will be a giveaway with the update as well.
In 2015, so far, I have read 132 books read that were released this year, and I don’t see why this should be any different next year. This is why I wanted a New Release Challenge, and at the beginning of 2015, I searched high and wide for one. After a while of google-fu, I found one, but it’s not exactly the way I wanted the challenge to be, therefore, the new release challenge is loosely inspired by Olivia at Book Comet: 2015 New Releases Reading Challenge. And her challenge might be 100% the way you want a New Release Challenge to be. As soon as I decided to actually host a challenge, I contacted Stormi, who was also happy to host a year-long challenge, and now, we’ll have each other’s backs!
We have also created a Facebook Group for the 2016 New Release Challenge, to have a place where we can keep up with each other, cheer each other on, and get to know each other better. It is also a place where we can help each other find even more 2016 releases.
The rules for the 2016 New Release Challenge are simple:
- Books have to be released and reviewed in 2016.
- Other challenges can be used as well, if you are participating in the Netgalley / Edelweiss challenge or in the COYER challenge, books can count towards more than one challenge, as long as the ones you use for the 2016 New Release Reading Challenge qualify to the other rules.
- The minimum length for a book to qualify is 100 pages, it can be in any format though, physical, e-book, ARC or audiobook.
- The New Book Release Challenge is open from January 1st through December 31st 2016, and sign-ups are open until February 15th 2016.
- You don’t have to be a blogger to participate, you can link to your review on Goodreads or Booklikes instead – so don’t be shy!
There are four levels in the New Release Challenge:
- 1-15 books per year – New Release Newbie
- 16-30 books per year – New Release Pro
- 31-45 books per year – New Release Veteran
- 45+ books per year – New Release Enthusiast
To sign up, please link your sign-up post in the linky below, and also make sure you use the quarterly linky for your reviews, as that will be the way the giveaway winner will be chosen. You can choose if you want to do monthly or quarterly challenge updates on your blog, but you will have the possibility to link up each month with your reviews, and every quarter for the giveaway.
It would be great if you used the hashtag #2016NewReleaseChallenge when you tweet about it, and post a review, so that it is easier to find your review on the day you post it 🙂
Also, if you’re not sure where you can find out about new releases, I have a Goodreads 2016 Releases shelf to help you get started, and here’s a screenshot of some of the books I’ve added to it:
Because I read a whole lot of books each year, I’m aiming for the New Release Enthusiast myself 🙂
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you’ll join us, and that you will have fun with this challenge.