2017 New Release Challenge
The 2017 New Release Challenge is a year-long challenge in which we aim to read books released in 2017. I am lucky enough to have an awesome co-host for the New Release Challenge, Stormi @ Books, Movies, Reviews Oh My! is here to share both the fun and the burden 😉 There will be monthly update posts, and each quarter – the end of March, end of June, end of September and in December, there will be a giveaway with the update as well.
In 2016, so far, I have read 97 books read that were released this year, and I don’t see why this should be any different next year. This is why I wanted a New Release Challenge, I always tend to do better when someone cheers for me, and I cheer for them. Also, trying to make sure I am held accountable both for the ARCs I receive and books I buy is important to me. As soon as I decided to actually host a challenge, I contacted Stormi, who was also happy to host a year-long challenge, and now, we’ll have each other’s backs!
We created a Facebook Group for the 2016 New Release Challenge, to have a place where we can keep up with each other, cheer each other on, and get to know each other better. It is also a place where we can help each other find even more new releases. We will use the same group for the 2017 New Release Challenge, as it is a nice place to hang out.
The rules for the 2017 New Release Challenge are simple:
- Books have to be released and reviewed in 2017.
- Other challenges can be used as well, if you are participating in the Netgalley / Edelweiss challenge or in the COYER challenge, books can count towards more than one challenge, as long as the ones you use for the 2017 New Release Reading Challenge qualify to the other rules.
- The minimum length for a book to qualify is 100 pages, it can be in any format though, physical, e-book, ARC or audiobook.
- The New Book Release Challenge is open from January 1st through December 31st 2017, and sign-ups are open until February 15th 2017.
- You don’t have to be a blogger to participate, you can link to your review on Goodreads or Booklikes instead – so don’t be shy!
There are five levels in the New Release Challenge:
- 1-30 books per year – New Release Newbie
- 31-60 books per year – New Release Pro
- 61-100 books per year – New Release Veteran
- 101-200 books per year – New Release Enthusiast
- 200+ books per year – New Release Obsessed
To sign up, please link your sign-up post in the linky below, and also make sure you use the quarterly linky for your reviews, as that will be the way the giveaway winner will be chosen. You can choose if you want to do monthly or quarterly challenge updates on your blog, but you will have the possibility to link up each month with your reviews, the review link-ups is what will be used for the quarterly giveaways using random.org
It would be great if you used the hashtag #2017NewReleaseChallenge when you tweet about it, and post a review, so that it is easier to find your review on the day you post it 🙂
Also, if you’re not sure where you can find out about new releases, I have a Goodreads 2017 Releases shelf to help you get started, and here’s a screenshot of some of the books I’ve added to it:
Thanks for participating 🙂 I look forward to seeing your progress!#2017NewReleaseChallenge - sign-ups are open, and there are more fun to be had next year! Click To Tweet