2018 Contemporary Romance Reading Challenge
Since I read a lot of contemporary romance, I figured a challenge for that category might do me a lot of good. I was definitely happy when I found the 2018 Contemporary Reading Challenge @ Andi’s ABC thanks to the Master List of Challenges @ Girl xoxo. And of course, this challenge can also be used in parallel to my very own 2018 New Release Challenge.
2018 Contemporary Romance Reading Challenge Details:
- Runs January 1, 2018 – December 31, 2018 (books read prior to 1/1/2018 do not count towards the challenge). You can join anytime you want, though the sign up linky will close Nov. 15, 2018.
- The goal is to read as many Contemporary Romance books as you’d like. See the different levels below and pick the one that works best for you. You can move up a level as often as you’d like but no moving down. Remember, the idea is to challenge yourself.
- Books that qualify for this challenge can be young adult, new adult, or adult. Books can be M/F, M/M, or F/F. Books must be a work of fiction (sorry, nonfiction does not qualify for this challenge).
- Romances with the following elements do not qualify for this reading challenge: paranormal, historical, time-travel, fantasy, science fiction, or mystery/suspense/thriller.
- Books can be any format (print, ebook, audio).
- Novellas that are 100 pages in length (give or take), as well as full-length novels, will count for this reading challenge.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- Use the hashtag #ContRom2018 when posting your reviews/updates/re-caps/monthly topics on social media.
- To join this challenge, grab the 2018 Contemporary Romance Reading Challenge button over at Andi’s ABC, and post this reading challenge on your blog to track your progress. Please include a link back to Andi’s sign-up post so others can join the reading challenge too. This will be your “update post” when doing the monthly link up.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, LibraryThing, BookLikes, etc., so as long as you have a dedicated shelf for the 2018 Contemporary Romance Reading Challenge (your designated “update post” for the monthly link up) and your profile is not private. The point of linking up is to have a place where people can see what you’re reading.
2018 Contemporary Romance Reading Challenge Levels:
- 1st Base: read 1 – 5 books
- 2nd Base: read 6 – 10 books
- 3rd Base: read 11 – 15 books
- Home Run: read 16 – 20 books
- Grand Slam: read 21+ books
I will go for the Grand Slam, as I’m a voracious reader. Wish me luck 🙂