The first day of 2013 is also the day of the first Top Ten Tuesday of the New year. I wish everybody a very happy, healthy, fun, exciting year, filled with amazing books and new friends. Top Ten Tuesdays is a fun meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, where we share our excitement for books – either upcoming books or as this week, books we have resolved to reading soon, because we own them already or because they’re part of a series and we just can’t wait. So without further ado: the Top Ten books I have resolved to read in 2013:
- A Prisoner of Birth by Jeff Archer. I have had this book on my kindle for quite a while, but I just haven’t gotten to it yet. I am not so sure what to expect, between it being compared to Dumas, and being a masterpiece thriller… Time will tell.
- Les Enfants de la Liberté by Marc Levy is another book I own, and I bought it after several friends recommended it to me. After that, it’s just been collecting dust on my bookshelf, and that just won’t do!
- Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrison. This is a series I have heard much about and it’s one I would like to start, it is also already on my kindle, so that helps 🙂
- Hopeless by Colleen Hoover. I am really looking forward to reading this one, as I loved both Slammed and Point of Retreat. I am trying to not be too excited, though, as sometimes when I expect a lot of books, I end up being a little disappointed.
- Cathedral of the Sea by Ildefonso Falcones is yet another book I bought for my kindle after several recommendations, and it’s begging me to read it now!
- The Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead 🙂 This is a book I really look forward to, as I usually enjoy all the books written by Ms. Mead, and I love the universe created in the Vampire Academy universe, and Bloodlines and The Golden Lily got me hooked on Sydney’s story as well.
- Lust For Life by Jeri Smith-Ready. I love the WVMP Radio series, and this book is the last installment, which makes me want to wait to read it, while at the same time I’m really impatient to know what is going to happen!
- All my friends have been going on and on about The Fault in our Stars by John Green, and I got this book just before Christmas, so I guess I need to buy a big pack of tissues and start reading 🙂
- Another recommendation from friends and fellow bloggers is Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout. This one is also already on my kindle… I think I could almost reach my 2013 challenge by only reading books I already own.
- Heroes Under Siege by Susan Bischoff is the third book in The Talent Chronicles, and I love this series – it is a different paranormal book, with really attaching characters.
What books have you resolved to read in 2013? Please do share, I really don’t mind adding a few more books to my TBR pile 🙂