The Sunday Post #68 – Weekly Wrap-up
Welcome to my Sunday Post. Thank you to Kimba over at The Caffeinated Reviewer, who is hosting this weekly event. It is the perfect opportunity to share what happened here on my own blog, as well as some of the happenings elsewhere in the Blogosphere.
I had a pretty good week, even with my six hour written exam on Monday… It went really well, the unknown article was pretty short, and it had some very good points I could discuss. I didn’t stay for the six hours, either, as the professor asked for four hand-written pages, and even with loads of key-words, and a full draft, I had finished after a little over three hours – which is four academic hours.
We had a meeting with #3s teachers this week, and his grades aren’t all that good. He’s dyslexic, so he definitely has a lot more trouble than most kids, but he can still do better. So we’ve made a game-plan to help him get his grades up, getting the whole family to help him out. Hopefully, that will work, both so that he will learn better, and so that he’ll get more confidence. Languages are difficult to learn (he has French, German and English – first year of Swiss junior high school) and when he has oral tests he does really well, spelling is still hard for him, though.
Our puppy was born on Tuesday, and he’s tiny, and so very cute! He’s the one in the middle on this photo, and his name is Freddy! We can’t wait to travel to pick him up in late March, especially my youngest is so excited I wonder if she’ll be able to sleep at all until then 🙂
- [27 Jan] Waiting on Wednesday #80 – Rebel of the Sands
- [28 Jan] Thirsty Thursday and Hungry Hearts #50 – Another Day
- [30 Jan] STS #119 Bought Borrowed and Bagged #69 – in which I added FAR too many books!
- [31 Jan] 2016 New Release Challenge Update – January
- [31 Jan] The Sunday Post #68 – Slow and Steady
- [25 Jan] Rock Chick Revolution by Kristen Ashley ★★★★★
- [26 Jan] Unconventional by Avery Aster ★★★
- [27 Jan] Passenger 19 by Ward Larsen ★★★★½
- [28 Jan] Closer by Dannika Dark ★★★½
- [29 Jan] Heart and Flour by Tara Lain ★★★½
- [3 Feb] Waiting on Wednesday #81 – The Flame Never Dies
- [4 Feb] Thirsty Thursday and Hungry Hearts #51 – Firsts
- [6 Feb] STS #120 Bought Borrowed and Bagged #70
- [7 Feb] The Sunday Post #69 –
- [1 Feb] Irresistible Refrain by Michelle Mankin ★★★★
- [2 Feb] He Will Be My Ruin by K. A. Tucker ★★★★★
- [3 Feb] Mercury Striking by Rebecca Zanetti ★★★★★
- [4 Feb] Once and Again by Elisabeth Barrett ★★★★
- [5 Feb] Touch & Go by Mira Lyn Kelly ★★★★★
Maryam @ Great Imaginations shares Why You Should Be a Proud and Fabulous Bookworm!
Molly @ Molly’s Booknook discusses The Rise of Television.
Grace @ Rebel Mommy Bookblog shares How Audioooks Changed Her Reading.
Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction talks about Culling the TBR.
SJ @ SJBoquet has a post about Bloggers Afraid of Posting Negative Reviews.
The Book Disciple has a great post about Stock Images, different kinds of licences and what bloggers need to be aware of when using images on their blogs.
What have you been up to this past week? Don’t forget to leave me a link so I can come visit your Sunday Post as well.
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you’ve enjoyed your weekend, and that next week will be filled with awesome!